Sunday, April 3, 2011

Revelation 8

And another angel came and stood at the altar with a golden censer, and he was given much incense to offer with the prayers of all the saints on the golden altar before the throne, and the smoke of the incense, with the prayers of the saints, rose before God from the hand of the angel.  Then the angel took the censer and filled it with fire from the altar and threw it on the earth, and there were peals of thunder, rumblings, flashes of lightning, and an earthquake.

Incense and the prayers of the saints are what go up before God right before the first trumpet is sounded and the beginning of the woes.  The very order of this event tells me how significant is prayer even in the end and challenges me to pray in response to this.  

How can I pray such that my prayers are pleasing to God who has this work ordained?

How can my prayers be more useful in light of this knowledge?  

How can I pray with a scope to impact and advance God's Kingdom?  

Only, You, Sovereign Lord, can tell me what to ask, what to seek, how to knock in order that I may offer prayers which are worthy to come before You in this season.  The events described are intimidating; but You are never wrong and I trust You, my Only Wise God.  Please give me vision to pray into Your Plan that which would be blessed.  You are Worthy of whatever You ask of Your creation; let me work towards serving You for Your Name's sake.  I thank You for Your Words and Your revelation to Your children.  


No comments:

Post a Comment