Monday, April 18, 2011

John 15

Abide in Me, and I will abide in you
you remain in Me, and I in you
you live in Me and My words live in you
Remain in my love (by obeying my commandments) as I obey my Father’s commandments and remain in his love 
I appointed you to go and produce abiding fruit  
This is my command: Love each other.

When my Savior's words live, dwell, remain, abide, last in me and I obey Him, I am abiding, living, remaining in Him and in His love.  

His commandment is to love.  

That must live in me and I must live that love out in order to remain in Him and His love and to produce that abiding, living fruit.  

Obedience yields love.  

Love is fruit.  Love brings glory to God and proves my discipleship to Christ.

And He loved me first.

Oh, Gracious Lord, thank You for allowing me to abide anywhere near You...no, in You.  What an amazing situation is that!  Oh, that I could aspire to the heights and fruit of the love You describe.  I want to abide well, to love much, to obey humbly.  Please dissolve my affinity for myself and replace/graft me closer to the "trueness" of Your Vine.  Prune me for Your purposes and keep me from preferring the shallow, showy growth rather than the work, time and vulnerability of bearing fruit.  The fruit is not for the branch's sake.  It is for the Gardener's sake.  To You be the fruit.  To You be the glory.  To Your Name be the fame.  To Your handiwork be the accolades.  To You be me.  Oh, how I love You.  Let me love You "mucher."

No comments:

Post a Comment