Thursday, April 21, 2011

John 17

I glorified you on earth, having accomplished the work that you gave me to do.
  
Jesus extolled, magnified, honorably acknowledged God  and His worth on earth by completing the work, rendering the job fully done that His Father had given Him.  

This is how I can give glory to God with my life, too.  Finish the work He gives me.  Don't do anything halfway or without devotion.  My work must acknowledge God and His worth or there is no honor in it.  Obedience is glorifying to God.

Father, let me be faithful with Your itinerary, Your schedule.  Strengthen me for those times we know I will be tempted to slack off or play hooky. Please help me to always consider Your glory before my comfort, Your fame before my preference, You before me.  Christ Jesus, my Lord, thank You so much for Your faithful example and strong teaching.  Holy Spirit, help me to serve as You know I should.  Give me Your counsel and remind me of the fruit I wish to bear.   

No comments:

Post a Comment