Saturday, April 16, 2011

Revelation 21

...the first things have passed away...Behold, I am making all things new...I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end.

The time for the first things has been completed.  There is an end to our earthly work and service and suffering; a point in which nothing can be added nor enriched.  Will I have accomplished all I was created to do?  All I set my heart to do?  Have I served and do I serve in an excellent fashion, such that I will be pleased to offer my work unto the Alpha and the Omega?  Do I procrastinate so that the work is done; but only barely?  

Father, help me to always put my all in that which You call me to do so that when You make all things new, I will not want to touch-up nor finish anything You have created me to do.  God, I desire to persevere in excellence, not just the motions of service.  Please help me to be focused, organized and discerning that I may know exactly what and how I am supposed to do.  Help me to only do what is mine to do and to do those things in Your strength.  To the praise of Your glorious Name, Yeshua, Alpha and Omega.

Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and spoke with me, saying, "Come here, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb."

 Sometimes we serve in ways we love and sometimes we serve in ways which are difficult for us.

Sometimes the service is high-profile and others it is very behind-the-scenes. 

Sometimes, the service fulfills our very design; other times, the service challenges our very being.  

One time our service may have us giving, another time we will be taking. 

Any way you look at service it is always appointed, required, honorable and ... obedience.

Holy Spirit, help me to welcome the service to which You call me.  Let me give my all for my King rather than just enough because it doesn't suit me.  Help me to keep my eyes on You.  You chose the service for me or vice versa - may I be found to be a loyal servant of the Most High King.  May all my service be pleasing and acceptable in the court of my Sovereign. 


No comments:

Post a Comment