Friday, April 15, 2011

Revelation 19 Better Than a Hallelujah, Really?


I love that the birds were called to formation to eat the flesh of the defeated foes before the armies had finished gathering.  Even the birds have faith in Heaven.  Victory, indeed!

Calls of "Hallelujah" are from the multitudes for salvation, glory, power, right judgments, judging immorality, avenging His martyrs lives, that the smoke from the vengeance continually rises and because the "Lord our God, the Almighty, reigns."  The twenty-four elders and four living creatures add their hallelujahs in echo of the multitudes, "Amen Hallelujah!"  Those closest to the throne say, "Truth, that and Hallelujah some more!"

Hallelujah is Heaven-language used to worship God.  Why is it not used more in my life?  Where am I acknowledging the salvation, glory, power, righteousness...reign of God in my life?  Why do I not punctuate my praise with "Hallelujah?"  If this is what is offered to the Sovereign King of the Universe by those who reside in Heaven, how can anything be better than a hallelujah?

And a voice came from the throne, saying, "Give praise to our God, all you His bond-servants, you who fear Him, the small and the great."  I wonder who would be considered great in Heaven?  With the varieties of puniness we will represent, what would be noticeable compared to the Glorious Godhead.  The fact that they are all directed - from the throne - to "Give praise to our God" makes me think it's not what I would reason out with my earthly imagination.

A bit later our tour-guide for Heaven says simply "...worship God."  Whether praise is given or hallelujahs are proclaimed, worshiping God is what it's all about.

Lord God, please teach me to worship You regardless of what I am tasked with doing.  Let my work and thought and rest be done to worship You.  You alone are worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment