Saturday, April 9, 2011

Revelation 14

A few notable things which speak to me from this chapter:

1.  Jesus still has crowds following Him in Heaven - I thank You, Lord, that I am one of Your crowd, too!  May I bring a crowd with me.

2.  The redeemed firstfruits were singing a new song no one could know but them - as the Spirit teaches us new things no one without Him can comprehend, intimacy for eternity.  Holy Spirit, please teach me a new thing today.  Please cultivate intimacy within me and let me be fertile ground.

3.  It is the honest, pure and blameless who have the private, new song.  Oh Holy Spirit, please help me pursue blamelessness in all of my thoughts, actions, daydreams, ways.  Let me love holiness more than my comfort.

4.  The good news is "Fear God and give Him glory because the hour of His judgment has come and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and the springs of water."  Good news!  Praise You Father for Your creation and wisdom.  You are worthy of reverence and glory and worship for all You do.  I thank You that Your judgment is an "hour" and that life with You is eternal.  You are beyond what You do.

5.  The passion of immorality is forced on the nations - no wonder God so clearly and adamantly spoke against sexual (including homosexual) sins to teach us to refuse the spirit of Babylon.  Help our church to be bright and loving light in society's darkness regarding the passion of immorality.  Keep us from idolatry.

6.  Those receiving the Lord's undiluted wrath and anger do so in the presence of the holy angels and the Lamb - how hard that must be for Jesus to witness, how interesting that it is the Lamb who witnesses this and not the Lion of Judah or any other nomenclature for Christ.  Also, their object of worship is not able to exert any authority here.  I praise You Lamb for You do not let such important matters go without Your perfect attention.   I also praise You for Your patience.  

7.  Those tormented have no rest - Jesus offered rest, peace and an easy yoke.  Lord, let me make that ever more evident in my life that others may see and respond to Your drawing them.

8.  Thank You Lord for Your encouragement to endure in obedience and faith.  Please help me to encourage others as I am following You.  I thank You that as obedience increases so does faith.  You are Worthy of both!

9.  I praise You Lord for our work is not in vain or just for here.  Blessed, blessed, indeed.  And thank You for the rest, too.  You are so thoughtful.

10.  One with a gold crown, seated on a cloud with a sickle...where did the harp idea come from?  Two very different tools and purposes.  I praise You, Son of Man, for You and Your Word are not changed by man's traditions nor wrong-telling of Your story. Lord God, I praise You that You have different kinds of harvests and that You are Lord over both.

11.  ...the earth was reaped.  I can't imagine.  Thank You for Your perfect patience, wisdom, faithfulness, righteousness and grace.  The earth is the Lord's and all that is within it.  Bless Your holy Name and blessed be the Name of the Lord, forever and ever.

(The Lord God) did this so that all the peoples of the earth might know that the hand of the LORD is powerful and so that you might always fear the LORD your God.   You know with all your heart and soul that not one of all the good promises the LORD your God gave you has failed.  Every promise has been fulfilled; not one has failed....So be very careful to love the LORD your God.                                                                  Joshua, Son of Nun

No comments:

Post a Comment