Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Genesis 2

 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

All creation was told to come forth from nothing and it did.  Nothing balked, not one thing waited, no one questioned; God spoke and matter appeared, heavens were established and life began on planet earth.  A garden was established, rivers ran and watered, trees came forth, man breathed.  Pure obedience.  And they were finished...all the host of them.  Whew.

My lesson is the best time to obey God is when He speaks.  Don't dawdle or take it under consideration.  Just do it - to borrow Nike's slogan. 

If the creation had not come forth when He called, there would have been a mess.  Light, heavens, land, plants, more light, sea creatures, birds, land creatures, man. A specific order for a specific glory.  Imagine, plants without land, sea creatures in the heavens, everything before the light.  Huge responsibility to obey and to obey responsibly.  

God, help me to obey in the order You give me Your instructions.  I desire to hear You and obey; but sometimes I distract, delay, doze or disobey.  That's not what I want to do.  Sharpen my spiritual senses and stoke my spiritual appetite that I may be ready at all times to just do it.  Do it now.  Lord, help me serve You well that I might bring You glory.

2 comments:

  1. Great post!! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Bearshoes. God's word does not disappoint. I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete