Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Psalm 69

But as for me, my prayer is to You …I will praise the name of God with a song; I will magnify him with thanksgiving. This will please the Lord more than an ox or a bull with horns and hoofs. When the humble see it they will be glad; you who seek God, let your hearts revive.

Lord God, may my prayers always be to You. Let me not trust in the name of another or the deceptive power or attraction of another. My prayers belong to You. Alone. May I praise Your Name, magnify You with gratitude. That thanksgiving and praise would ever be in my heart and on my lips. Please stifle the grumbling and complaining – I am spoiled; but desire to be who You created me to be rather than who I think I am or what I believe I am entitled to. Why do some things matter so much. Grant me perspective born of godly wisdom and sacred priorities. Teach me to lay the crunchy outer things aside and to disregard that which pulls me away from Your Kingdom lifestyle. And Lord, I pray that I would let my heart revive in my pursuit of You. May I always seek You, always desire You, always find delight in You and Your Name. You alone, my God and my Father, my Savior and my Friend, my Counselor and my Seal. Seal me for thy courts above.

No comments:

Post a Comment