Monday, July 16, 2012

Psalm 74

Don’t let these wild beasts destroy your turtledoves. (for You care for the smallest details)
Don’t forget your suffering people forever.  (You never forget and You know suffering, have mercy)

Remember your covenant promises,  (You, my Covenant God, never forget, please help me see you in these circumstances.  May I increasingly trust Your Name right where I am)
    for the land is full of darkness and violence!  (and You are Light, You have made me light to this world, You are Peace and have invited me to be a peace-maker, too.  Lord God, grant me grace-strength and wisdom to be who You created me to be in this dimming and dangerous place.  I plead mercy for those areas of creation where darkness is blackness and violence is deathly; don't forget Your suffering people, Lord, I know how much more You think of them than turtledoves.  Meet them right where they find themselves, strengthen, encourage, comfort, revive them.  for Your Name's sake.  Lord, may i be useful to You for these times.  thank You.)

No comments:

Post a Comment