Monday, July 30, 2012

Psalm 88

O Lord, God of my salvation; I cry out day and night before You.  Let my prayer come before You; incline Your ear to my cry!

Father, I praise You that You are also God of my salvation.  I am so grateful that You are never off-duty, You are always God and You always hear.  Please help me to pray prayers which are worthy of Your attention, which promote Your Kingdom cause, which bring You glory.   Keep me from prayers which concern only me; which seek to serve my need, want, self; which bathe me in comfort and luxury - as I am effortlessly addicted to the "niceties"  of this age.  I am so easily overwhelmed; but You are God, my God.  What You have for me, You will see me through, You will not leave me nor forsake me.  May I never grow weary of knowing that.  May I delight myself in You, regardless of the emotion, the adventure, the audience.  You, not me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment