Sunday, July 8, 2012

Psalm 66

Shout for joy to God, all the earth! Sing the glory of his name; make his praise glorious. … If I had cherished sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened; but God has surely listened and has heard my prayer. Praise be to God, who has not rejected my prayer or withheld his love from me!

When my circumstances stink, when I am pressed, when the spiritual pressures bear down on me; I can shout for joy to God, I can sing the glory of His Name and make His praise glorious – o, God Spirit, teach me how to make Your praise glorious. It’s my choice – my privilege to focus on Him and not me. Not that the situation changes; but my attitude, my perspective, my outlook are improved as i willingly divert the attention from myself to my God. May i cherish my Lord rather than sin in my heart or the discomfort of my circumstances. I praise You, Father God, for You not only hear; but You listen to my prayers. Thank You so much for accepting/receiving my prayers and dispensing, bestowing, blessing me with Your steadfast love. Your love is too great for me to comprehend; but I need it. I need You. I praise You.

No comments:

Post a Comment