Thursday, July 26, 2012

Psalm 84

A psalm of the descendants of Korah ... I would rather be a gatekeeper in the house of my God than live the good life in the homes of the wicked.  For the Lord God is our sun and our shield.   He gives us grace and glory.

This speaks to me for when I think of Korah, I think of the fiasco of Korah.  So the descendants of Korah bear that same association to me.  I don't know if they ever had a chance to be individuals, separate from their history, (oh, Lord, I pray that each one got to know You personally and they allowed You to redeem their stories and their heritage).  But here is their psalm proclaiming their preference to being a doorman in God's home rather than living it up in Evil-town.  They declare God as Lord, the Sun and the Shield; the Source of Grace and Glory.  They get that it's not status, not social standing, not stuff.  The sons of the chastened give praise to God the Lord.  Not bitter, not resentful, not whining or justifying. May my words be as worshipful and honoring, especially after correction.  May discipline increase my faith and praise, may godly and grace disciplines fill my life story and my legacy.  To the praise of Your very great Name.

No comments:

Post a Comment