Friday, July 6, 2012

Psalm 64

... wicked evildoers ... sharpen their tongues like swords and aim cruel words like deadly arrows. ... But God will shoot them with his arrows; they will suddenly be struck down.

Man's arrows versus God's.  Man's words are instruments of destruction and death, poisoned with nefarious intent.  God apprehends the perpetrators of evil, those who would perpetuate wickedness and those same malevolent malcontents participate in the proclamation of God's works. 

Lord God, the purpose of the darts of the iniquitous is death; Your purpose is life.  Even the abhorrent will join the chorus of God's praise as a response to His actions against their arrows.  I can't begin to comprehend how this plays out, I don't know how God-haters will be turned into God-praisers; but I know that all will bow and worship.  I love how You exact worship from those who set their hearts against You.  You are worthy.  You alone.  Father, I desire to be a participant in Your culture of life, even though my tongue can be deal hurtful truculence and vitriolic rants.  I give my tongue, my heart and my mind to You, Holy One, that You may change them and guard them to the satisfaction of Your Name.

No comments:

Post a Comment