Thursday, June 28, 2012

Psalm 56

What can man do to me? (... man tramples on me; all day long an attacker oppresses me; my enemies trample on me all day long, for many attack me proudly. ... They stir up strife, they lurk; they watch my steps, as they have waited for my life.)  Lord God, I do not know the life David chronicled.  However, sometimes, my little life is difficult. Often, I feel pulled in an unfathomable number of directions.  Sometimes, it seems to be under constant assault, nearly smothered in pressure and need.  Yet, my life is Yours, Lord.

This I know, that God is for me. (You have kept count of my tossings; put my tears in Your bottle.  Are they not in Your book?)  It doesn't seem much that while I am experiencing such hardship, that You, Who could reroute everything, just keeps track of how restless and upset I am.  But, I know that You are for me (me, who is Yours) - despite circumstances.  I am awed that You would number my tossings and collect my tears.  With all that You do, why notice me, my troubles, my expressions?  You never set anything on auto-pilot.  You are Ever-Present, everywhere.  I am blown away by Your attentions.

In God, whose word I praise,
in the Lord, whose word I praise,
in God I trust; I shall not be afraid.  What can man do to me?  For you have delivered my soul from death, yes, my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of life.  Lord God, thank You so much for Your deliverance, Your emancipation, Your salvation...not just from death; but from stumbling on the path of life.  I choose to walk (not whine, not crumble, not resist You) before Your amazing presence in the light of life.  In Your Light of my life.  For, this I know, that You are for me.  You are for me.  May I be for You.

No comments:

Post a Comment