Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Psalm 40

(Psalm 50) God said, “… you thought that I was one like yourself. …”
… Now that you have made me listen, I finally understand … You have no equal. …
Continue to teach me, Great Rabbi, of Yourself. May I grow in thinking with the mind of Christ, may my disciplines be spiritually enriching, may I desire to know You more and more, may my motives and priorities be purified that You may be glorified and magnified. May I never be tempted to think that You desire sacrifice over obedience, commonness over holiness, sarcasm over sacred words, criticism over confession, psycho-babble over brokenness. May I never choose a pit of despair over a plateau with You; but let me always seek to climb higher with You. Let me not be deterred by circumstances, paralyzed by fear nor derailed by enemy’s plans. You are my Help, my Salvation – Your timing is perfect – may I trust You all the more, even when it seems You delay.

No comments:

Post a Comment