Friday, June 22, 2012

Psalm 50

The Mighty One, God the Lord, the perfection of beauty, A fire shall devour before Him, And it shall be very tempestuous all around Him. For God Himself is Judge.  Heavens declare His righteousness, For the world is His, and all its fullness.  Deliverer, Glorified One, Most High God...how could I ever think that He, this God was altogether like me.  We have nothing at all in common, there is nothing common about Him.  By His grace and mercy and infinite creativity and power, He created and breathed life and ultimately redeemed that which was His already.  Please Holy Spirit, let me never be deceived by thinking He is altogether like me.  Even a little bit.  And may I grow up in Jesus, in this sacred journey of life, to resemble my Savior, as I am called and empowered to do through His most holy Spirit, the mind of Christ and the power which raised Him from the dead.  To the praise of His Name.  Glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment