Thursday, June 21, 2012

Psalm 49

Why should I fear in the days of evil, (for You are my God, my Redeemer, my Strength and my Fortress, You are always Lord over all, no matter what day or night it is!)

When the iniquity at my heels surrounds me? (and the sin which so easily entangles me and the hindrances - the whatevers or whomevers in this world which seek to derail, distract or devalue me I remember that greater is He Who is in me than he or what is in the world.  No weapon formed against me shall prosper, for God is my God and He calls all the shots.)

Those who trust in their wealth (are deceived and will find that it brings nothing when they realize their true need.  I trust in the Name of the LORD my God.)

And boast in the multitude of their riches, (may I never boast in anything but in the cross of my Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.  His one and all-sufficient, sacred sacrifice is undefinable in terms of wealth and riches, none can compare.)

None of them can by any means redeem his brother, (Praise be to the Lord because He has come to His people and redeemed them. You, LORD, are our Father, our Redeemer from of old is Your Name.  It is by the Name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth ... Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.” )

Nor give to God a ransom for him— (You, Lord, took up my case; You redeemed my life.  But now, this is what the LORD says, “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are Mine.")

For the redemption of their souls is costly (For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, Who gave Himself as a ransom for all people because God so loves the world that He gave His only Son ....)

No comments:

Post a Comment