Monday, November 12, 2012

2 Kings 16

He (Ahaz) even burned his son as an offering, according to the despicable practices of the nations whom the Lord drove out before the people of Israel. And he sacrificed and made offerings on the high places and on the hills and under every green tree.

Lord God, Jotham's grandson was burned as an offering.  Jotham who did what was right yet failed on the high places loses a grandbaby to the lesser gods.  God, for the sake of my children and their children, please show me my blindspots and help me to annihilate them, in Your Name. 

Ahaz took the right instruments and created his own way to You.  or to himself.  Lord, help me to see where I dawdle long at a self-serving idea.  Lord, I don't easily die to myself, Holy Spirit pierce through the tough membrane of my soul that my flesh, my pride, my self-stuff may be exposed to Your all-consuming light and be eradicated, exterminated and obliterated.  today.  I need this today.  thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment