Tuesday, November 13, 2012

2 Kings 17

They went after false idols and became false, and they followed the nations that were around them, concerning whom the Lord had commanded them that they should not do like them.

They went after the false and became false themselves. God help me. I will become like what I worship, I will be as what I follow. Help me to see, to pray, to intercede, to seek the true, the True. May I lose myself in You and Your truth, never the false nor the deception. 

They also feared the Lord and appointed from among themselves all sorts of people as priests of the high places …. So they feared the Lord but also served their own gods….

May I fear You, Lord, so that completely and deeply that I am not able to serve a lesser god, my own god or any of the all sorts of lower-case-g-o-ds that is set up and appointed. Only You. Only, ever You. May I never dilute, dispute or recompute You. You are worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment