Wednesday, November 14, 2012

2 Kings 18

Hezekiah the son of Ahaz, king of Judah, began to reign…. He trusted in the Lord, the God of Israel, so that there was none like him among all the kings of Judah after him, nor among those who were before him. For he held fast to the Lord.
Thank You for this story which shows that no matter how messed up the parent is, You can still redeem the child. I pray that my children and those spiritual children of my heart would trust in You more so than any of their ancestors, may they hold fast and tight and long to You – for You have them. May they bring You praise and make You famous in their lives.
Lord God, the Assyrian king’s words (verses 31-32ish) sounded so much like Your words of the Promised Land. Help me to really recognize the origin of familiar words lest I be led astray in my laxness. This is war, I can’t afford to be careless in my assenting. Your Word, oh Lord, Your Word and no other. Help me today to experience more of You.

No comments:

Post a Comment