Saturday, November 13, 2010

Galatians 1

10 For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God ? Or am I striving to please men ? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a bond-servant of Christ. Father, please help me focus all my efforts to please on You and not man nor woman nor some ideal I have. Help me be Yours all the way.

One thing which strikes me so much in this passage and almost everything Paul writes is his urgency and intensity. Paul does not appear to have an "off-the-clock" moment; he is always working for God and is keenly aware of that fact. He does not seem to have any spiritual coffee breaks where he lets up on his spiritual ardor that he may relax a bit. He is always a believer and always an evangelist~and this always impacts his life.

I prepare and experience/participate in Bible study, prayer, worship; but when I sit down to read a book, I don't "prepare". If I go shopping, I don't prepare for that as I would a fellowship. Why do I behave as if I get breaks from my believing/evangelizing lifestyle or as if it's more relevant in the context of a specific activity? It's not even a matter of whether or not I pray before a thing, because most times I do...it's something beyond that. Almost as if I had a job being a believer; but I can kind of clock-out when I watch a movie or go out to eat or ... not that I am watching bad stuff or behaving inappropriately... I mean my belief informs my choices, it determines what I see and do and where I go...it's goes farther than that. I guess what I am saying is maybe I am not passionate for God all the time. Yeah, that feels like the problem. Am I alone in this? Lord, I know I am not supposed to compare to others; but in reading Galatians 1, I am stilled by the fervency I see in the words. Would you please stir in me that passion, free me to care that much? Help me not to go off the clock when I am not precisely engaged in You and Your Word. Transform my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment