Saturday, November 13, 2010

Acts 13

verse 3 (So after more fasting and prayer, the men laid their hands on them and sent them on their way), I am encouraged to continue in the worship; don't quit after a word is received. Certainly receive and believe it; but to continue in the prayer, fasting and worship until the Holy Spirit dismisses. I know God has no afterthoughts; yet some things must be received before others can be. Reminds me of a little shop on a the lake in Tennessee which lets folks "pull" their own soft-serve ice cream. One little fellow couldn't reach the lever and had a taller friend do the pulling while he just held his cup up. He saw, with huge eyes, the dollup of ice cream and ran off with it, squealing with excitement..."Look what I got!". The thing is, the taller friend had continued to pull the lever and the ice cream kept coming...with no cone to receive it. Father, I want to cooperate with You in my life. Please don't let me have an interrupt in my time of worship and prayer and fasting with you, You know how easily I distract. Help me to be constant and in position to receive the fullness of your Word, blessing, answer and direction. I come to You with my cup up and empty. Please fill it to Your glory and lead me in Your paths that I may honor You with my joyful compliance.

No comments:

Post a Comment